Saturday 12 November 2011

Short Story Competitions

Having set aside the novel for the moment (trying to pluck up courage for a major redraft!), I've been exploring short story competitions to provide motivational deadlines to keep me writing. There are so many of these that it can be very confusing but this month's edition of the magazine 'Writing' provides a selection of interesting ones. I've also spent some time checking out useful websites which list current competitions for all genres. Here are three that I've found useful in providing links to rules, entry forms etc. www.firstwriter.com (need to subscriber to this one but it's pretty cheap), www.theshortstory.org.uk/prizes and www.jbwb.co.uk/writingcomps.htm
Happy writing! And do keep me posted about any aspect of writing you'd like to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment